Pneumatic Air Motors
Boston Gear air motors are ideal for applications where electric and hydraulic motors can not be used. They are compact, lightweight sources of smooth, vibration-free power. They stop and start almost instantly. They provide variable torque and speed without the use of complicated controls and can operate in hot, corrosive, and wet environments without damage. They are unaffected by continuous stalling or overloads. They are instantly reversible and explosion-proof, and are all supplied with a NEMAC-face for use with our speed reducers. And finally, vane air motors are available via Boston Gear's innovative Guaranteed Same Day Shipment Program.
- These units can be used in ambient temperatures up to 250°F for significant operational reliability.
- They offer maximum horsepower with minimum size and weight for increased efficiency.
- They can be stalled or overloaded for long periods of time without damage for greater durability.
- Our vane air motors provide no-shock starts to enhance safety.
- Self-sealing vanes provide superior performance and longer life.
- Because these units operate in all positions, they are uniquely flexible.
- 1/2 To 7 HP
- 4 and 6 vanes reversible
- 4 vanes rotate counter-clockwise
- Maximum recommended operating pressure: 100 psig
- Speed variation: 300 - 3000 RPM