Molded Plastic Bearings
Boston Gear stocks a wide selection of plain cylindrical, flanged, and roll-end bearings in four different materials:
- Nylon, which offers good chemical and corrosion resistance, excellent abrasion resistance, and low surface friction for long wear without lubrication.
- Delrin® and Celcon®, the trademarks for equivalent Acetal resins, which are produced by DuPontTM and CelaneseTM, respectively, and which possess high moisture resistance characteristics.
- Nylatron® GS, which is a trademark for molybdenum disulfide-filled nylon produced by the Polymer Corp, and which offers superior abrasion resistance.
- Teflon®-filled Acetal, a material with first-rate abrasion and corrosion resistance and high lubricity against steel.
- Our molded plastic bearings require no lubrication, increasing efficiency and reducing maintenance needs.
- They provide a clean, neat appearance.
- They are resistant to moisture and chemicals and will not contaminate their surroundings.
- Quiet operation enhances the work environment.
- Excellent load and wear ratings at a low cost.